You are here

Criminal Case Payments/ Balance Inquiry

Criminal Case Payments

Criminal case payments are accepted at the Milwaukee and Green Bay Clerk's Office, in person, by mail, or by phone.  

The Clerk's Office accepts the following methods of payment:

  1. Cash
  2. Personal and/or business checks, money orders, cashier's checks
  3. Credit cards (in person and by phone only)

Checks should made be payable to Clerk, US District Court

When making a payment, please indicate the name of the defendant and case number to ensure the payment is properly credited.

When mailing a payment, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like a receipt returned to you.


Request for Case Balance

To request a case balance, (Case Payment History Report), please send a written request to the Clerk's Office Financial Department 517 E. Wisconsin Ave, Rm. 362, Milwaukee, WI  53202, or email Financial Department.  Case balances are not provided over the phone, and are given only to the defendant or attorney of record for the defendant.

Note: Pursuant to regulations adopted by the Judicial Conference of the United States, information regarding payments made in criminal cases is not available to the public and may only be provided to the restitution payee (victim), to the defendant, or to counsel of record for the defendant.