The Clerk's Office accepts the following types of payment :
- Personal and business checks, money orders, cashier's checks; Checks should be payable to Clerk, US District Court
- Credit cards (not accepted for payment of criminal bail)
- Bank Account (ACH) - online payments only
When making a payment, please indicate the reason for your payment and pertinent information, such as case number, name of defendant/plaintiff, etc., to ensure your payment will be properly credited.
A fee of $53 will be charged for all returned or insufficient fund checks.
The Clerk's Office accepts the following online payments:
- Criminal Debt (Special Assessment, Fines, Restitution): Online criminal debt payments are processed through Pay.Gov. Please click here to make a payment.
- Attorney Case Openings (Filing Fees): Attorneys who file new cases electronically through CM/ECF will pay the associated filing fee through Pay.Gov. Please notify the Finance Department at 414-297-3417 to report a duplicate filing fee charge.