In recognition of ongoing public health concerns involving the coronavirus (COVID-19), please refer to the General Orders and Notices below for the most recent information regarding case filings, building access, and face mask and social distancing requirements. Clerk's Office staff continues to be available in person or by phone.
- Milwaukee: (414) 297-3372
- Green Bay: (920) 884-3722
An external drop box is available for filings and payments:
- Milwaukee Courthouse - located at 617 North Jackson Street - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Green Bay Courthouse - located outside of the Clerk's Office at 125 S. Jefferson Street, Ste. 102 - available weekdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm
In addition, the following resources are available:
- Social Security
- Employment Discrimination
- Pro Se Litigants
- Habeas Corpus State Petitioners
- In Person- Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- By Mail
- 517 E. Wisconsin Ave, Rm. 362, Milwaukee, WI 53201
- 125 S. Jefferson St, Rm. 102, Green Bay, WI 54301
- Online criminal debt payments through Pay.Gov
- Credit card payments by phone - available during regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, excluding federal holidays
- (414) 297-3210
- External drop box (checks and money orders only)
Message from the Court to the Bar
General Orders & Notices
General Order 22-8: EXTENDING AUTHORIZATION FOR CONDUCTING CERTAIN CRIMINAL HEARINGS BY VIDEO TELECONFERENCE OR TELEPHONE CONFERENCE UNDER THE CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT (CARES ACT), H.R. 748
The court is aware that given the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, parties in civil litigation have and will continue to take depositions by remote means. To assist the parties in doing so in an effective and efficient manner, the court is providing parties with a form stipulation and proposed order regarding taking depositions via remote means in any civil litigation except pro se prisoner and pro se 1983 cases. The court encourages parties to work together to agree to remote deposition protocols, and to modify the stipulation and proposed order if necessary to reach agreement.
If you have any questions, please contact the court at 414-297-3372 (Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time).