The Clerk's Office accepts the following types of payment
- Personal and business checks, money orders, cashier's checks; Checks should be payable to Clerk, US District Court
- Credit cards (not accepted for payment of criminal bail)
- Bank Account (ACH) - online payments only
- Fedwire Wire Transfer - please contact Clerk's Office financial department for more information (414) 297-3417
When making a payment, please indicate the reason for your payment and pertinent information, such as case number, name of defendant/plaintiff, etc., to ensure your payment will be properly credited.
A fee of $53 will be charged for all checks returned insufficient fund and credit card chargebacks.
Credit card payments are accepted over the phone by the Clerk's Office during regular business hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please call (414) 297-3210
Payments can be mailed to the Clerk's Office in Milwaukee or Green Bay. If you would like a receipt returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
The Clerk's Office accepts the following online payments:
- Criminal Debt (Special Assessment, Fines, Restitution): Online criminal debt payments are processed through Pay.Gov. Please click here to make a payment.
- Attorney Case Openings (Filing Fees): Attorneys who file new cases electronically through CM/ECF will pay the associated filing fee through Pay.Gov. Please notify the Finance Department at 414-297-3417 to report a duplicate filing fee charge.
- Attorney Admission Fees: See instructions.
External Drop Box
Checks & money orders only.
- Milwaukee Courthouse - located at 617 North Jackson Street - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Green Bay Courthouse - located outside of the Clerk's Office at 125 S. Jefferson Street, Ste. 102 - available weekdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Fedwire Wire Transfer
In certain cases, the Clerk's Office will accept wire transfer payments through Treasury's Fedwire System. Please contact the Financial Department at 414-297-3417 for more information.