Effective at 5:00 p.m. March 23, 2020 through and including at least May 1, 2020, the United States Courthouse at 517 East Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin will be temporarily closed to the public except as stated below. The court may continue this temporary closure based on public health guidance.
Parties wishing to file documents may do so by (a) filing them electronically via CM/ECF; (b) depositing them in the external drop box on the east side of the building (617 North Jackson Street); or (c) mailing them to either the United States District Court Clerk’s Office at 517 East Wisconsin Avenue, Room 362, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202 or the United States Bankruptcy Court Clerk’s Office at 517 East Wisconsin Avenue, Room 126, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202. No in-person deliveries of any kind may be made to a judge’s chambers or to the clerk’s office.
This General Order does not affect electronic filings through the court’s CM/ECF system. Parties registered to file electronically may continue to do so.
This order does not affect the court’s consideration of civil or criminal motions that the court can resolve without oral argument.
If a member of the public has a scheduled appointment or otherwise is required to appear at the courthouse but is denied entry, that party should proceed as follows:
- If you are represented by a lawyer, please contact your lawyer.
- If you are an attorney or a pro se litigant and you believe that you are scheduled to appear before a judge, please contact the clerk’s office at 414-297-3372. Please note: The court has adjourned all in-person hearings and trials.
- If you are scheduled to meet with someone in the United States Attorney’s Office, please call 414-297-1700.
- If you are scheduled to meet with someone in the Wisconsin Federal Defender’s Office, please call 414-221-9900.
- If you are scheduled to meet with someone in the United States Pretrial Services and Probation Office, please call 414-297-1425, or contact your assigned supervising officer.
- If you need information from the United States District Court, please call 414-297-3372.
- If you need information from the United States Bankruptcy Court, please call 414-297-3291.