You are here

FAQs: Finance FAQ

  • What forms of payment does the Clerk's Office accept?

    The Clerk's Office accepts personal checks, business checks, cashier's checks, money orders, and credit cards.  Personal checks or credit cards are not accepted for criminal bond.

  • Does the Clerk's Office send a receipt when I make a payment by mail?

    If you would like a receipt to be returned to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.

  • I am a victim in a criminal case and would like to know how much I am still owed.

    For victim balance inquiries, please contact the Clerk's Office Financial Department via email or by phone 414-297-3417.  

    Note: Pursuant to regulations adopted by the Judicial Conference of the United States, information regarding payments made in criminal cases is not available to the public and may only be provided to the restitution payee (victim), to the defendant, or to counsel of record for the defendant.

  • Can I pay my criminal debt online?

    Yes.  Click on the Online Criminal Debt Payments menu option for more information.