You are here

FAQs: Naturalization FAQ

  • How can I get a copy of my name change petition?

    If you changed your name during the naturalization process in the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the Clerk's Office can provide a certified copy of the court order granting name change.  Please send a written request to the US District Court Clerk's Office, attn: Naturalization, 517 E. Wisconsin Ave, Rm. 362, Milwaukee, WI 53202. You will need to include the following information with your request:

    • Exact date of naturalization ceremony
    • Previous Name
    • New Name
    • Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope
    • Please refer to the Fee Schedule for the current certified copy fee.
    • Check payable to Clerk, US District Court.  Please do not send cash.

    If you did not change your name during the naturalization process, please contact your local county clerk's office for name change information.

  • I lost my Certification of Naturalization. How do I get a copy?

    Contact the US Citizenship and Immigration Services to request a replacemement certificate of naturalization.

  • I am a naturalized citizen and would like to change my name. What is the procedure?

    Name changes are granted to new citizens who complete a name change petition during the naturalization process.  If your name was not changed during your naturalization process, please contact your local county clerk's office.