You are here

Name Change Petition

If you changed your name during the naturalization process in the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the Clerk's Office can provide a certified copy of the court order granting name change.  Please send a written request to the US District Court Clerk's Office, attn: Naturalization, 517 E. Wisconsin Ave, Rm. 362, Milwaukee, WI 53202. You will need to include the following information with your request:

  • Exact date of naturalization ceremony
  • Previous Name
  • New Name
  • Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope
  • Please refer to the Fee Schedule for the current certified copy fee.
  • Check payable to Clerk, US District Court.  Please do not send cash.

If you did not change your name during the naturalization process, please contact your local county clerk's office for name change information.