You are here


  • Will I receive proof of jury service for my employer?

    Upon check-in, you will be asked if you would like a work certificate.  If so, one will be provided.  If you are selected to serve on a trial, you will be given a certificate indicating each day of service.

  • I live far away. Am I still expected to appear for jury service?

    Yes.  If you live 75 or more miles away, one-way, from the Federal Courthouse, you may receive reimbursement for overnight accommodations.  You would receive a per day rate reimbursement towards hotel and meal expenses.  Hotel information will be included with your notice.

  • Is there a dress code for jurors?

    Casual attire is acceptable; however, jurors play an extremely important role in the court proceedings and are expected to dress in a manner reflective of the formality of the court.  Serving as a juror is an instrumental part of our government.  It demonstrates that our government is one of the people, by the people, and for the people.

  • Can I make a credit card payment over the phone?

    Yes, the Clerk's Office accepts credit card phone payments.  Please contact the Milwaukee or Green Bay Clerk's Office, and ask for cashier.

    Milwaukee: 414-297-3210

    Green Bay: 920-884-3720

  • Why was my tax refund intercepted?

    Tax refunds are intercepted through the Treasury Offset Program and Wisconsin Tax Intercept Program, and are applied to the outstanding balance of your criminal debt.  If the amount intercepted is more than you currently owe, you will receive a refund.  Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for a refund.  Please contact the US Attorney's Office Financial Litigation Unit at 414-297-1700 if you have additional questions.

  • I have a question regarding my monthly payment statement.

    Monthly payment statements are generated by the US Department of Justice.  If you have questions regarding the information on the statement, please contact the US Attorney's Office Financial Litigation Unit at 414-297-1700.

  • Will I receive a 1099MISC for jury service?

    IRS regulations require 1099's to be issued and postmarked by January 31.  You will receive a 1099MISC for jury service if your attendance fees are $600 or more for the calendar year.  If you have additional questions, or need to know the amount you received in attendance fees for tax purposes, please contact the Clerk's Office Jury Administrator at 414-297-1209

  • I am a victim in a criminal case and need to report a change of address.

    To report a change of address, please contact the Clerk's Office Financial Department in writing, at 517 E. Wisconsin Ave, Rm. 362, Milwaukee, WI 53202 or via email.

  • Who can I contact to obtain my case balance?

    To request a case balance, or case payment history report, please send a written request to the Clerk's Office Financial Department, 517 E. Wisconsin Ave, Rm. 362, Milwaukee, WI  53202, or email the Financial Department.  Case balances are not provided over the phone, and are given only to the defendant or attorney of record for the defendant.

    Note: Pursuant to regulations adopted by the Judicial Conference of the United States, information regarding payments made in criminal cases is not available to the public and may only be provided to the restitution payee (victim), to the defendant, or to counsel of record for the defendant.

  • My criminal debt is paid in full. How do I obtain a Satisfaction of Judgment?

    To receive a Satisfaction of Judgment contact the U. S. Attorney's Office Financial Litigation Unit at 414-297-1700.